LIVE STREAMING INFORMATION
UPCOMING SPECIAL SERVICES . . .
All in-person services and events are cancelled.
Every day, Monday through Thursday, Pastor Bahr will present a devotion from the Eyes on Jesus Lenten series. You can see it on our YouTube channel.
Friday: 12:00 Noon Live Streamed Service (available anytime after)
Sunday: 10:30 Easter Live Streamed Service
During this time when we can’t meet together in person, services will be live streamed to our YouTube channel. You can access them live or later. You can also contact the church office for a DVD of the service. Here’s the link to watch or subscribe to our YouTube channel. We’ll start broadcasting a few minutes before 10:30, so you can make sure everything works. It’s probably best to download and print the bulletin (above) – we are going to try to have words on a screen but we don’t know if they’ll be visible.
Above all, participate just as you would on a Sunday morning! It may feel silly at first, but you are still in the congregation and participating will help you know that we are all connected together.
IF SOMETHING SHOULD HAPPEN TO THE LIVE STREAM: Don’t worry. We’re also recording the service. If the stream goes down or otherwise doesn’t work, by this afternoon we’ll have the service posted to YouTube.
With no in-person services, there is no regular offering received. However, the church’s expenses still continue, whether or not we meet. In fact, some of our needs are greater now as we step out to help people affected by the shutdown. Please continue giving faithfully to support God’s mission at Grace. Options are:
- eGiving – sign up for recurring or one-time offerings here.
- Use the GivePlus App (download from your phone’s store).
- Text your gift to 833-912-0562 (will take you to a website to complete the offering).
- Mail a check to the church office: 736 Cayuga Dr., Niagara Falls, NY 14304.
- Call 800-675-7430 and Vanco Client Services will process your offering from your debit/credit card or your bank account.
- Per New York State policy, please do not stop by the office. Gatherings of people of any size for any reason are currently prohibited.
Grace is operating under our Coronavirus Preparedness Plan, which was sent on Friday to all who receive our newsletter and is also available for review at church. As the State has asked us to forego meeting together temporarily, we are now at Stage 4.
- All events at Grace are cancelled until further notice.
- Worship will be livestreamed and the church office will be open for any questions.
- Pastoral visits will be by request only, so that our infirm members can decide if they want to take the risk of a visit. Call Pastor to arrange a visit. We believe pastoral visits are essential and thus are not affected by the NYS visitation ban, yet we will also respect the spirit of the order and not gather together unless it’s very important to do so and cannot be accomplished by telephone.
- Most hospitals and nursing homes in our area are closed for visitation, including by clergy. If you go into the hospital, Pastor will not be allowed to come see you. If possible, we can arrange a visit by telephone.
We will continue in Stage 4 until government officials change their order.
Remember that we make these preparations out of love, not fear. We love those in our congregation who are senior or have weakened immune systems, and we choose not to put them at risk. If that means temporary inconvenience, we’ll gladly bear it.
Let us pray to the Lord that He would prevent the deadly spread of this virus and protect those who have it.
Grace Lutheran Church
Niagara Falls, NY
a congregation of The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
736 Cayuga Drive
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
We have been Sharing God’s Grace for over 110 years in Niagara Falls, New York.
- Christian Education for all ages (Newborn through Adult) at 9:00am every Sunday. Sept-May.
- Beyond the Surface – Wednesdays starting at 10:00 AM: An in-depth study of the following Sunday’s Scripture readings with insights on their applicability to life today. Sept-June.
- Confirmation – For 6th and 7th grade students. Contact the office for details.
Grace Alone, Scripture Alone, Faith Alone – Our congregation is deeply rooted in the Word of God, acknowledging the Bible as the only rule and norm for faith and doctrine. Our teachings are contained in the Book of Concord, and can be summarized in three short phrases: Grace alone, Scripture alone, Faith alone.
Grace alone– God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly. We are saved not by what we do but by what Christ has done for us.
Scripture alone- The Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word, in which He reveals His Law and His Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian doctrine.
Faith alone– By His suffering and death as the substitute for all people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life that it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him.